5 of the Best Shopify Shipping Apps to Try in 2024
Choosing the best Shopify shipping apps to help you manage ecommerce fulfillment workflows is often more important than it might appear. If you sell physical products on your store, the speed with which you can get products to customers can make or break your chances of success.
In fact, about half of all US consumers say they wouldn’t buy from the same company again if the brand was unable to keep its shipping promises. Fortunately, while navigating shipping and supply chains can be complicated, it doesn’t have to be a nightmare for Shopify vendors.
Not only does Shopify offers its own shipping solutions, as well as the Shopify Fulfillment Network, but it also integrates with a range of apps that can streamline the shipping process.
Today, we’re looking at just some of the best Shopify shipping apps that can make your life a lot easier as an ecommerce vendor.
The Top Shopify Shipping Apps for 2024
Shopify shipping apps are handy software applications that work alongside your ecommerce store to make handling fulfillment and logistics easier. There are plenty of different options to choose from, all with their unique benefits and features. Some offer direct access to a shipping provider, like UPS or DHL. Others give you tools to create shipping rules and set rates for customers.
Today, we’re looking at just some of the top tools that make shipping products from your Shopify store quick, convenient, and painless.
Though ShipCalm isn’t listed on the Shopify app marketplace, it does integrate directly with Shopify as a “Shopify Shipping Partner”. More than just your standard shipping app, ShipCalm offers an all-in-one solution for logistics, with features for:
- Inbound logistics management for both domestic and international suppliers
- Warehouse and storage optimization to minimize operational costs
- Fulfillment and restocking automation
- Returns and reverse logistics
Shopify sellers can use ShipCalm to connect with clientele all over the world, increasing their profits and improving their brand reputation. The tools within the platform make it easy to automate countless processes, and there’s even an AI-powered logistics platform.
Pricing varies depending on your specific needs and service requirements, so you’ll need to contact the company for a custom quote.
Easily one of the most popular and well-known Shopify shipping apps, Shippo has more than 500 positive reviews on the Shopify app marketplace. It integrates directly with your Shopify checkout, and offers instant access to discount rates from top carriers like FedEx, USPS, and DHL.
With the Shippo app, you can seamlessly sync your Shopify orders, and connect with more than 40 carriers worldwide for a convenient end-to-end fulfillment process, features include:
- Customizable pages, packing slips, and branding options
- Automated tracking and notifications to keep you up to date
- Automation for rates, label creation, order importing and more
- Return label generation and management
- Discounts on all shipping partnerships
There’s a free starter plan for Shippo, which offers 50-90% off shipping rates, alternatively, you can opt for the $10 per month free plan to access customer experience branding tools.
Another of the top-rated Shopify shipping apps on the ecommerce platforms’ marketplace, ShipStation is a convenient all-in-one tool, similar to Shippo. It provides access to instant discounts on rates from top carriers like USPS and UPS. Plus, you can handle a number of fulfillment activities within the apps, syncing orders from all of your selling channels and marketplaces in one place.
ShipStation is easy to use, and can enhance your customer’s experience in the checkout, with rapid access to shipping rate information. Features include:
- Custom emails, SMS, and notifications for order tracking
- Instant tracking information updates for each selling channel
- Automation options for shipping routes and prices
- Tagging, splitting, and batching for shipments
- Syncing for marketplaces, ERPs, and sales channels
There are tons of carrier options to choose from, and you can even brand the customer experience with custom packing slips and labels. Pricing for ShipStation (following a 30-day free trial) start at $9.99 per month for 50 shipments, and branded components.
Trusted by more than 100,000 merchants worldwide, Easyship is a convenient tool that allows companies to handle all of their shipping needs in one place. You can sync orders, automate workflows, and even print labels in batches. Plus, you can automate things like tax and duties paperwork too. There’s even the option to access discounts on rates from over 250 carriers.
Easyship also gives you the option to import your own carrier accounts into the network so you can manage all of your partners in the same dashboard. Features include:
- Easy shipping vendor comparison and quote tools
- Automatically show the cheapest and fastest shipping rates at checkout
- Flexible insurance coverage up to $10,000
- Customized branding and packing slips
- Optional pre-paid returns
- Order tracking and live displays
The great thing about Easyship is that it gives vendors a lot of control over the customer experience they offer. You can show your customers exactly what they’re going to pay for faster shipping in an instant, increasing your chances of positive reviews. There’s a free plan for up to 50 shipments, or paid plans start at $29 per month for 500 shipments and more features.
- ShipBob Fulfillment
Like ShipCalm, ShipBob is an all-in-one logistics and fulfillment solution. It gives ecommerce brands access to world-class logistics for all of their sales channels in one place. Unlike other vendors, ShipBob makes it easy to showcase your brand with a customization suite, complete with custom packaging, inserts, and more. You can even offer same-day delivery.
ShipBob also has more than 40 warehouses across 6 different countries, so you can store products in a location closer to your target audience. Features include:
- Customization suite for building an unboxing experience
- Duties-paid shipping options and warehouses in 6 countries
- Same-day shipping options with various providers
- B2B/EDI compliance in-house management
- REST APIs for ERPs
If you want to earn more conversions on your product pages with offers like “free” and “same day” shipping, ShipBob could be ideal for you. The ShipBob fulfillment app is free to install on Shopify. However, you do need to pay the company directly for the services you need, such as warehousing and fulfillment assistance.
- Shipway One
Shipway One is an ecommerce shipping solution, designed to assist companies with error-free operations and fast delivery services. You can use the app to process orders from multiple carriers, and there’s a carrier “aggregation” option for organizing all of your partners in one place. Shipway even comes with fraud detection tools to help you protect your business and customers.
With Shipway One, you can generate bulk labels and invoices, create branded tracking pages and notifications through SMS and WhatsApp, and even automate returns. Features include:
- Courier aggregation for faster shipping and reach
- Automated order processing from multiple channels
- Branded tracking and NDR management
- Return and exchange automation
- Order status notifications through WhatsApp and SMS
ShipWay One is fast, efficient, secure, and easy to use. It also offers a seven-day free trial for beginners. Paid plans start at $19.99 per month for up to 500 orders, 1 courier integration, and a shipment tracking page, branded with your business details.
Choosing the Best Shopify Shipping Apps
The options above represent just some of the best Shopify shipping apps available to vendors today. There are plenty of other great options out there, including direct integrations with DHL and UPS. If you’re struggling to choose the perfect option, here are some top factors to consider:
- Integrations: As well as integrating with Shopify, your shipping app should also be able to connect with a variety of other marketplaces, websites, and even your ERP tools. It’s worth looking for a solution with dropshipping integrations too.
- Shipping carrier options: Check the supported carriers on your shipping app, and ensure they align with your target market. The more shipping carriers you have access to, the easier it will be to deliver products to consumers all over the world.
- Shipping rates: Shipping rates will always be an important consideration for ecommerce vendors, particularly if you’re offering free shipping options. Many of the apps mentioned above offer discounts on carrier rates, so check what you can expect to pay.
- Automation: Efficiency is often key to success in ecommerce, so it’s worth prioritizing apps that offer time-saving automation features. If you can automatically track orders, manage returns and refunds, and process payments, you’ll save a lot of time.
- Branding and customization: Access to branding features, such as customizable labels, packaging, and invoices can help you to stand out in the ecommerce world. Some shipping apps even offer options to create branded tracking portals.
It’s also worth checking things like the company’s reputation (reviews are available on the Shopify app store), and their approach to customer service and support.
Find the Top Shopify Shipping Apps
Ultimately, investing in the best Shopify shipping apps isn’t just a great way to improve your sales and customer retention rates. It’s also a necessity to ensure your brand can thrive in a competitive ecommerce marketplace.
All of the apps mentioned above have great features and functionality to offer, and many come with their own free demos to get you started. If you’re struggling to implement the best shipping tools into your store, or you need help creating more compelling order and checkout pages, contact Storetasker for help from a Shopify expert.
Bonus! If you want to find the top Shopify apps for 2024, here over to 1-800-D2C.